The Eye of the Dragon
- Alertness – the ability to react quickly and overcome the effects of surprise. The difficulty will be against either the opponent’s stealth or a specific value as indicated in creature descriptions.
- Balance – keeping a sure-footing. The difficulty will take into account the slipperiness of the surface, narrowness of ledge or rope and any other factors that may put the character off.
- Climb – ascending or descending a near vertical surface. The difficulty will be based on the roughness of the surface, the steepness of the climb and whether suitable ropes and equipment are used.
- Dodge – avoid blows made against the character. The roll increases the difficulty of the character being hit.
- Rope Use – tying knots, throwing grappling hooks, making simple snares. The difficulty for throwing will be based on length or height. For knots and snares, a typical difficulty will be 10.
- Throw – toss a non-weapon object at a particular target. Catching an object is also covered by the throw skill. The difficulty is 10 by standard but will be modified based on distance and weight.